Our customers often ask us how to go about getting promo codes for their apps. These need to be requested by the iTunes account holder, not a regular development account. The steps are simple:
- Log into the iTunes Connect account as a team leader
- From the main page select “Manage Your Applications”
- Select the app icon of the app to generate promo codes for
- On the current version of the app select “View Details”
- Select the “Promo Codes” blue bar in the top right
- Enter the number of codes you wish to generate. Only request what you need since there is a 50 limit for every release of the app.
- Accept the terms and agreements
- Download the text file with the codes
- Distribute codes to users
If you want to view previously issued codes select the “View History” button in the top left
Note: Codes only last for 4 weeks (28 days) so don’t just request all 50 at once.